Thursday, August 5, 2010

A gateway drug....as I'd like to call it!

Cloth diapering!!!

I think I've made it clear that cloth diapering is a new thing for me, and I've only tried a few of the thousands of cloth diapers out there. With that in mind...I've come to a conclusion. Cloth Diapering is addictive, and it's not only addictive...it's a gateway drug as well. Even though Google defines gateway drug to be one that its self is not addicting but leads to other addictive drugs. And clearly I am not referring to drugs at all in any way.

I just got to thinking about it. There are tons of different kinds of CD's out there. Some are more common, others are not. I've only tried the BumGenius 2.0-3.0-4.0 (from cotton babies!!) and the Rumparooz G2, I have a Fuzzibunz on the way though!! There are so many colors, designs! It's incredible. I've heard great things about WAHM CD's. I haven't tried any yet. If I had a budget that would allow for it...I might though! There are several give-a-ways. I can hardly keep track of how many I've entered...I haven't won anything yet...but you certainly can't win if you don't try RIGHT?! Anyhow, a little off topic.

So now that I am interesting in this cloth diapering...I found other things. There are special laundry soaps that you need to use to wash the CD's. Then I stumbled upon cloth pads, breast and menstrual. I've never been a fan of disposable pads, so I don't think I will try the re-usable pads...but once I found those..I found people that like this thing called a Lunette cup? This is a neat little cup that 'catches', if you will, stuff, and then you remove it and rinse/clean it. You can re-use it over and over.

Then I found a diaper sprayer, something like a sink sprayer...but it goes on the back of the toilet. Seems like a necessity..but I don't know if I can spend 40 dollars on it! And I haven't seen/heard anything from real mom's who have it.

The list goes on and on....do you know of other things that sprouted from Cloth diapering?

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are liking cloth! They are fun... and addicting! I want to buy more SOO bad but hubby doesnt' seem to understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband just rolls his eyes when I show him a new order I just got. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know the feeling ladies!


    I do believe I am called a dork when I get my FLUFF mail...haha! i get all excited...might have some tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely addicting. I got into cloth to save money...LOL! We did save, but that's because i was very diligent about not giving in to my addiction.

    as for the gateway drug - OH YES! Things I've found since I started cloth are...Elimination Communication, babylegs, amber teething necklaces, my hair blog - lol, thanks to some ladies from DS!, family cloth, mama cloth and my Diva Cup!! <3

    ReplyDelete